Let’s write the future of diversity. Together.
At ABB, we are committed to solving some of the world’s biggest challenges. This is only possible through our exceptional people, who work, every day, with our customers to create a better, safer and more sustainable future. Building a culture of diversity – and an environment in which individual differences are celebrated – is critical to this success.
We are global technology pioneers in a company with a proud 125-year history. Growing from roots in many different countries and cultures, diversity has been part of our DNA from the beginning. Today, we are working hard each day to deepen this commitment to ensure that ABB’s workforce, policies and practices bring out our best.
We are focused on diversity in all of its forms with a company-wide Diversity and Inclusion framework that is built around three vital pillars:
- Talent: building a strong talent pipeline of qualified candidates at all levels of the organization.
- Career lifecycle: offering a suite of options to support career lifecycle needs for all employees.
- Raising awareness internally and externally of:
- The benefits of a diverse and inclusive culture, and ensuring that our strategies for achieving this goal are well understood at all levels.
- Raising ABB’s profile as an employer of choice for candidates from all backgrounds and abilities.
Senior leaders across the company are participating in unconscious bias training. And flexible working practices are being rolled out to accommodate employees with as wide a range of life choices and working styles as possible.
In addition, working with Catalyst, we have also advanced a concentration on gender diversity across all levels of our company with clear ambitions to meet key milestones by 2020:
- Increasing the number of female leaders across ABB by 30%.
- Building a strong pipeline of female successors.
- Ensuring that at least 30% of all university hires are female.
At ABB, we deeply appreciate the importance and impact of a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, and we look forward to even stronger results in the years ahead.
Let’s write the future. Together.